- The OFC strives to be a multi-stakeholder group representing diverse food system stakeholders.
- The OFC recognizes the important role of key food system stakeholders in encouraging and supporting decreased food waste and healthy food choices by consumers and seeks to engage these stakeholders in its work.
- The OFC recognizes enhancing food literacy in all sectors of the food value chain as a holistic solution to prevent avoidable food waste.
- OFC members are committed to preventing avoidable food waste, promoting healthy eating and improving the systems of support to positively affect these changes.
- OFC members will share information, effective practices, resources, and program ideas in order to work together, where appropriate, on pilot projects. This shared leadership, collaboration, and learning approaches are core to achieving the mutually agreed upon objectives of the group.